Do you have a healthcare story or just care about healthcare in Wisconsin? Please come share your story in person or on zoom. Find out how Citizen Action of Wisconsin is working to transform healthcare for Wisconsinites.
Thursday, Sept 28th - 5:30-7:00 p.m.
UU Fellowship, 401 West Avenue South, La Crosse
Have you had a frustrating healthcare experience? A bill you didn’t understand? Numerous calls with providers and insurance companies where things don’t get resolved? High medical debt?
Healthcare systems and Insurance companies know most people don’t have the time to wait on hold or sift through the mountains of paperwork. We work hard for access to healthcare and insurance is expensive. Yet so often complicated bills, overcharges and denied claims leave us with high medical debt. Lori is taking on this fight not only for her family but for all of those families that can’t.
We believe that health systems in Wisconsin have a systemic problem with billing issues including improper coding, overcharging, lack of transparency, incomplete review processes and unfair collection practices.
- Citizen Action of Wisconsin statewide efforts around a Badgercare Public Option bill that will offer a lower cost healthcare option to Wisconsinites and Wisconsin employers with fewer than 50 employees!
- Healthcare as a commodity
- Unfair charges on ACA covered wellness visits
- Future actions against other healthcare systems, insurance xompanies, and greedy pharmaceutical companies
- Fair Share medical deficits in our state (when healthcare systems don’t live up to their charity obligation to maintain non-profit status)