BCTGM International President Anthony Shelton stated, “Our striking members at Kellogg’s ready-to-eat cereal production facilities courageously stood their ground and sacrificed so much in order to achieve a fair contract. This agreement makes gains and does not include any concessions,” Shelton notes.
Highlights of the new five-year collective bargaining agreement:
• No take aways; No concessions
• No permanent two-tier system
• A clear path to regular full-time employment
• Plant closing moratorium: No plant shut downs through October 2026
• A significant increase in the pension multiplier
• Maintenance of cost of living raises
The Senate has gone home on recess without fixing the filibuster and passing the Freedom to Vote Act or the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act. That is unacceptable. Call your Senator now (Tammy Baldwin DC office: 202-224-5653) and let them know that:
1. You’re extremely angry and that leaving town before getting the job done is absolutely unacceptable, and
2. They should not do this again until they’ve delivered for the American people. No more recesses until they pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act.
To get the Senate to pass the strongest possible version of the Build Back Better Act and fight the climate crisis, we need hundreds of thousands of people across the country to tell their senators that they’re counting on them to support this critical bill.
Please act today and demand that the Senate move quickly to pass a strong Build Back Better Act.