Preparing for Elections in 2024
Three Topics and Three Days
The Wisconsin League of Women Voters will host three programs on "Preparing for Elections in 2024." Programming will be held virtually over three days, all with their own sub-theme. Visit the Issues Briefing website for more information and to register for one or more programs. It's free to attend, but make sure to register.
Thursday, Nov. 9 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
FAIR MAPS - Redistricting in Wisconsin
- Historical overview, background, analysis and insight on redistricting in Wisconsin
- Legal perspective on the Redistricting Lawsuit provided by Law Forward
- Hear from Petitioners on the Redistricting Lawsuit
Saturday, Nov. 11 from 10 a.m. to Noon
- Overview of proposed Wisconsin Constitutional Amendments
- Presentation on Separation of Powers
- Non-citizen voting and why this issues is important
- Using private money for elections: How elections are financed and where those funds come from
- Solutions from another State: How the Ohio League and partners successfully achieved retaining the 50% threshold for passing Constitutional Amendments
- Election administration and protecting election workers
- What are current barriers to voting and what can be done?
- Overview of LWVUS Moonshot Goal: Abolishing the Electoral College
- Status on achieving the National Popular Vote