Ride the Scenic Mississippi Regional Transit
(SMRT) bus from La Crosse to Viroqua for a day of sight-seeing,
shopping, dining, and exploring. We’ll leave mid-morning from La Crosse.
Jackie Eastwood, Transportation Planner with the La Crosse Area
Planning Committee, will join us to talk about the SMRT and answer
We’ll arrive in Viroqua at about 11 a.m. and you will choose what to do, where to go, and how long to stay There are two return trip options which have you back in La Crosse between 4:30 and 6:00 p.m. LATA will provide trip participants with talking points, so we can be SMRT advocates, too!
The bus costs $3 cash each way - pay with exact change on the bus. Bring your own lunch or eat at a restaurant. Other expenses will depend on what you choose to do, including
Catch the SMRT Yellow Route to Viroqua:
- 9:48 - UWL (State St shelter between Iguana’s and Newman Center)
- 9:54 - WTC (7th St. Academic Resources Center shelter)
- 10:03 - Mayo Clinic shelter near building
- 10:08 - Gundersen Health (Founders’ Building entrance on 8th St.)
- 10:16 - Shopko South
Return trip YOUR CHOICE:
- Yellow Route leaves at 3:24 p.m., back in La Crosse 4:22 - 4:50 p.m. or
- Blue Route leaves at 4:39 p.m., back in La Crosse 5:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Sign up by July 20: tinyurl.com/LATA2VIROQUA.
Questions? MTUFriends@hotmail.com or 608-315-2693