From La Crosse Waking Up White Collaborative:
1. Starting August 16 - Access the Waking Up White Book:
Books available starting August 16:
- Wisconsin residents, check out a book through the Winding Rivers Library System
- Individual paperback books
- Book kits (10 books plus guided discussion) available for check out to be used for hosting book discussions
- Minnesota residents, check out a book through the Southeastern Libraries Cooperating System
- La Crosse Public Library, 800 Main St., La Crosse
- People's Food Co-op, 315 5th Ave. S., La Crosse
- Cameron Park Farmer's Markets in La Crosse - Bridges Church table on Aug. 20 & 27, Sept. 4 & 18
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Monday nights, "Monday Meals" 5-6 pm, 1010 Sill St., La Crosse
- Our Savior's Lutheran Church, Tuesday nights, "Come for Supper" 5-6:30 pm, 612 Division St., La Crosse
2. Starting Aug. 16 - Sign up for Book Chats - small group, In Person, theme-based facilitated discussions. Book Chats are free, 90-minute, small group, theme-based facilitated discussions based on a topic raised in the book Waking Up White. Having read the book is not a prerequisite for joining a discussion. Book chat spaces are limited to 6 people per group to facilitate courageous conversations. Register early, starting Aug. 16 through the La Crosse Public Library, for best selection - registration opens Aug. 16. COVID-19 in-person recommendations from local health departments will be observed.
To sign up, go to the library's event calendar and click on individual programs.
3. Starting Sept. 12 - Attend Free, Public, In person*, Presentations - Public Presentations are free, in-person presentations (streaming available for most) on a variety of antiracism topics with local relevance. Having read Waking Up White is not a prerequisite for attending a presentation. COVID-19 in-person recommendations from local health departments will be observed.
Visit event site for more details: www.laxwakingupwhite.com/waking-up-white-regional-read.html