The PROGRESSTIVAL! will be held at the Concordia Ballroom, 1129 La Crosse Street, from 6 to 10 p.m. There will be food! and music, too.
Guest speaker, Mike McCabe, formerly director of the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign and now head of Blue Jean Nation, will speak at 7:30 pm
The event is open to everyone. Please plan to donate a little ($0 to $10) to help pay for the hall rent and other expenses. No one will be turned away for lack of funds! If you want to bring a non-perishable for local food pantries, please do. If you want to bring your neighbor, relative, co-worker, or friend along, please do!
From 6:00 to 7:30 plan to visit with representatives from local, regional, state and national groups and organizations working to sustain and protect our important social institutions, vulnerable populations, our environment, our human and civil rights, and our democracy, Talk, connect, network, share ideas, and join with others to strengthen that community.
Here's the list of confirmed groups. We will update regularly.
- ACLU of Wisconsin
- Blue Jean Nation
- Citizens Acting for Rail Safety (CARS-La Crosse)
- City of La Crosse Human Rights Commission
- Community Rights Movement
- Coulee Region Climate Alliance
- Coulee Region Group - Sierra Club
- Coulee Region United Educators (CRUE)
- Eco Expressions
- Friends of the Blufflands
- Friends of the La Crosse River Marsh
- Human Rights Commission
- La Crosse Area Transit Advocates
- La Crosse Citizens Climate Lobby
- La Crosse County Democratic Party
- La Crosse Neighborhoods Inc.
- La Crosse Public Library
- La Crosse Reads
- Nick Dutton for La Crosse City Council
- Our Wisconsin Revolution
- Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) - La Crosse chapter
- Shoulder to Shoulder
- Sustain Rural Wisconsin Network
- The Center: 7 Rivers LGBTQ Connection
- UWL College Democrats
- UWL Students for Sustainability
- United Academic Professionals of UWL (UAP-UWL)
- Wisconsin Bicycle Federation
- Wisconsin Resources Protection Council
Please spread the word. And check back often for an updated list of participating organizations.